What is an ACH payment?

What is an ACH payment?


ACH stands for Automated Clearing House.

In laymen's terminology, it's an electronic network for handling electronic banking transactions. Quite simply, any entity whether a business government entity, organization, or individual can utilize the ACH network to electronically send or receive funds through.

ACH Vs Credit Card

ACH transactions operate differently than credit cards. Credit cards have an authorization component that lets the biller know in real-time that the payment is good.

The ACH world operates in a batch environment and it can be 24 -72 hours before an issue or payment is known. 

There is also a major difference in cost. Credit cards may cost a business 2-3% of the transaction amount, whereby ACH is typically a flat 25-50 cent fee. This can add up.

Coupled with much higher decline rates with credit cards ACH payments are a great option for recurring billing.

Subscription-based businesses are huge beneficiaries of participating in the ACH network. Today's tool set up allows them to connect directly with an ACH processor via API and automate the entire process for recurring receivable transactions, never having to wonder about payments showing up on time.

Comments

  1. "When I was applying for a loan to purchase my building as a small business owner in a tough situation, conventional banks said they could not help me. The loan firm from Mr Lee sat down with me, heard my situation and decided that I was worth taking a chance on. Here we are 5 years later and I have just renewed my loan for another 7 years. I couldn’t have purchased my building without the help of the loan from mr lee and will be forever indebted to them for giving me a chance when no one else would."Here is mr lee contact Email: 247officedept@gmail.com Also on whatsApp: +1-989-394-3740So I will advise anyone here looking for a loan to contact Mr Lee for assistance with loan fundings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

ACH or Wire?

What is SWIFT payment?